We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We call this side dish recipe Mushroom "Everything" because it seemingly has everything you could ever want in a recipe right in one place! The addition of bacon, onion, and a few spices almost makes this good enough for the main course. In any case, you might have to cook up a double batch to keep up with the demand. Don't worry though 'cause it only takes 15 minutes to cook, so it won't take too long.
What You'll Need
- 12 ounces bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 8 cups) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat about 5 minutes, or until crisp. Remove to a paper towel to drain, then crumble and set aside.
- Pour off all but 4 tablespoons of the fat from the skillet. Add the mushrooms, onions, and garlic; saute 7 to 8 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon, the oregano, salt, if desired, and pepper. Serve over your favorite prepared dishes.