Chocolate Meringue Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Talk about the best of both worlds! Here's our Chocolate Meringue Pie, a luscious combination of chocolate pudding filling with a meringue topping in one amazing pie.
What You'll Need
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 (.25 ounces) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
What to Do
- Bake pie shell according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; mix well. In a small bowl, combine gelatin and hot water and beat with a fork until completely dissolved. Add to pudding mixture; mix well. Pour into pie shell; set aside.
- Preheat oven to Hi Broil.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over top of pie filling, sealing to edge of crust.
- Using a spatula, form peaks in meringue, and broil 2 to 4 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Let cool 10 minutes, then refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, or until pie is firm.
Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These aren't just your run-of-the-mill doughnuts. Our Old-Fashioned Potato Donuts are unexpectedly addictive! They're made with a delicious combo of mashed potatoes, buttermilk, and other tasty ingredients. They have a dense, cake-like texture to them that makes them extra-yummy. Once you try these easy potato donuts, there's no looking back!