Coconut Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
When it comes to classic pie recipes, you just can't forget about the Coconut Cream Pie. This dreamy dessert features a luscious tropical filling that gets topped with a layer of creamy whipped topping. One slice is all you need to feel like you're in dessert heaven.
What You'll Need
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Unroll 1 pie crust, press into 9-inch pie plate, and flute edges. Bake pie shell according to package directions; let cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together remaining ingredients except whipped topping. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened. Pour into pie shell.
- Chill at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Spread whipped topping over pie and serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle your pie with 1/4 cup toasted coconut to give it a nice golden-topped finished appearance. (And if you're looking for a stunning pie plate to bake it in - like the one we've used - be sure to check our bakeware collection!)
- If you liked this coconut cream pie dessert recipe, we know you'll love our Coconut Cream Pie Trifle. Or you can check out our coconut recipe collection, Unforgettable Coconut Desserts: 33 Recipes with Coconut.
- Plus, find more of those cream pie recipes you crave with our collection of Top 5 Favorite Cream Pies.
- If you loved this homemade pie recipe, check out our free eCookbook, "Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 302
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 8.5g 43 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 6.8g 14 %
- Cholesterol 90mg 30 %
- Sodium 181mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!