Beefed-Up Spanish Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for something new to spice up your ordinary dinner routine, then our zesty Beefed-Up Spanish Rice is just the ticket. You'll have a stress-free dinner on the table in no time!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (see Note)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain or brown rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
What To Do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute beef until browned; drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Serve immediately.
For a lighter recipe, you can substitute ground turkey or veal for the beef.
- Like the idea of using salsa to jazz up your cooking? Try our Mexican Burgers for another easy and tasty way to use it!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!