Beefed-Up Spanish Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for something new to spice up your ordinary dinner routine, then our zesty Beefed-Up Spanish Rice is just the ticket. You'll have a stress-free dinner on the table in no time!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (see Note)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain or brown rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
What To Do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute beef until browned; drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Serve immediately.
For a lighter recipe, you can substitute ground turkey or veal for the beef.
- Like the idea of using salsa to jazz up your cooking? Try our Mexican Burgers for another easy and tasty way to use it!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!