Salt Crusted Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 55 Min
As our salt crusted eye of the round roast cooks, the salt forms a crust around the beef that keeps it nice and moist. When it's done cooking, we toss the crust and the result is a juicy, flavorful Salt Crusted Beef roast that's cooked to perfection.
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 beef eye of the round roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), trimmed
- 4 cups kosher (coarse) salt
- 1 cup water
What To Do:
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, onion, garlic, and pepper; close tightly and shake to mix well. Place roast in bag, seal bag, and coat roast completely with mixture. Marinate 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine salt and water; mix well. Place half the salt mixture in center of prepared pan. Place roast over salt mixture then coat with remaining salt mixture, completely coating roast and forming a crust about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 55 minutes for medium doneness, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove from oven and discard salt crust. Slice and serve.
A great go-along with this juicy, tender beef has to be a good old-fashioned pile of creamy mashed potatoes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.