Salt Crusted Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 55 Min
As our salt crusted eye of the round roast cooks, the salt forms a crust around the beef that keeps it nice and moist. When it's done cooking, we toss the crust and the result is a juicy, flavorful Salt Crusted Beef roast that's cooked to perfection.
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 beef eye of the round roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), trimmed
- 4 cups kosher (coarse) salt
- 1 cup water
What To Do:
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, onion, garlic, and pepper; close tightly and shake to mix well. Place roast in bag, seal bag, and coat roast completely with mixture. Marinate 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine salt and water; mix well. Place half the salt mixture in center of prepared pan. Place roast over salt mixture then coat with remaining salt mixture, completely coating roast and forming a crust about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 55 minutes for medium doneness, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove from oven and discard salt crust. Slice and serve.
A great go-along with this juicy, tender beef has to be a good old-fashioned pile of creamy mashed potatoes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The next time you make a sandwich, a hamburger, or any other meal that involves slices of bread, try it on Cloud Bread. Cloud Bread is a totally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat bread alternative. It's a healthier choice that looks like a fluffy cloud and tastes so good!