Salt Crusted Beef
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
- READY IN
- 55 Min
What You'll Need:
cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 beef eye of the round roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), trimmed
- 4 cups kosher (coarse) salt
- 1 cup water
What To Do:
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, onion, garlic, and pepper; close tightly and shake to mix well. Place roast in bag, seal bag, and coat roast completely with mixture. Marinate 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine salt and water; mix well. Place half the salt mixture in center of prepared pan. Place roast over salt mixture then coat with remaining salt mixture, completely coating roast and forming a crust about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 55 minutes for medium doneness, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove from oven and discard salt crust. Slice and serve.
A great go-along with this juicy, tender beef has to be a good old-fashioned pile of creamy mashed potatoes.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 04 14