Little Italy Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
- READY IN
- 5 Hr 5 Min
We've all got our favorite cheesecake recipes. Well, now you're gonna have another one. It's made with ricotta cheese as well as cream cheese - of course, reduced-fat types of both. So you can enjoy that great Italian flavor once again.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (15-ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; press into the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
Bake 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned; let cool.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, combine ricotta cheese, yogurt, sugar, flour, and lemon juice until smooth; set aside.
In another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Add ricotta mixture, beating on low speed until well combined. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until center is nearly set. Cool 30 to 45 minutes, then refrigerate 4 to 5 hours, or overnight.
- Top with fresh strawberry slices or whole blueberries or raspberries, if desired.
- Looking for another tasty, lower fat dessert? We recommend our Low Fat Carrot Cake!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.