Shells with Broccoli
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Close your eyes and let your taste buds set the scene, 'cause this recipe for Shells with Broccoli is going to transport you right to southern Italy. This vegetarian-friendly recipe is full of fresh tasting goodness!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 pound shell pasta or similar shape
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets with 1-inch stems
- 1/4 pound pepperoni, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
What To Do:
In a small skillet over low heat, heat olive oil and butter until melted; stir in garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper. Cook until garlic is soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Do not let the garlic brown.)
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta and broccoli 8 to 10 minutes, or until both are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water. Place pasta and broccoli in a large bowl.
- Toss with garlic mixture, reserved cooking water, and pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
We recommend starting off with a bowl of our delicious Minestrone Soup!
- We've got even more fantastic broccoli recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.