We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mama mia! All we need to accompany these artichoke croquettes is a little marinara sauce for dipping and we're on our way...
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, well drained and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon flour until blended. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then stir in the artichokes, parsley, egg yolks, and salt.
- Place the remaining 3/4 cup flour in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, whisk together the egg and milk. Place the bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Dip the artichoke mixture by tablespoonfuls into the flour, then into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs, coating completely. Shape into 3-inch croquette logs and set aside on a platter.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook the croquettes for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown, turning to brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Makes about 12 croquettes.