We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bruschetta is simply a fancy way to say "toasted bread with a tasty topping, and our Classic Bruschetta recipe certainly lives up to that statement. Its simple, light, and refreshing, making it perfect for days outside or cozy family dinners.
What You'll Need
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 medium-sized plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler. Place the bread cut side up on a cookie sheet and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Place on a large serving platter.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix until well blended, then spoon over the toasted bread. Cut and serve.
If you prefer, the bread can be sliced first and then toasted to create individual bruschetta. To seed the plum tomatoes, cut them in half lengthwise and gently squeeze to release the seeds.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.