Mardi Gras Popcorn Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 6 appetizer-sized servings
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Louisiana really knows how to party during Mardi Gras, so of course we came up with a recipe that's just as festively flavorful to go with the occasion! Our Mardi Gras Popcorn Chicken is coated in a great Cajun seasoning mix that we know will have you celebrating!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
What to Do
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, Cajun seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Place about 1/4 of the chicken pieces into flour mixture and shake until evenly coated. Place chicken in egg, remove with slotted spoon, and place back into flour mixture, shaking until all chicken pieces are evenly coated.
- Place chicken in hot oil and fry 3 to 4 minutes, or until light golden brown, and chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Dip away with our tasty and tangy Louisiana Dipping Sauce! And with a side of our Cajun Rice you'll have a whole party going on!
- Check out 17 more easy and satisfying Mardi Gras Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!