We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These super quick canapes were Mama's choice for teatime or to serve at her ladies' luncheons. Cocktail rye or pumpernickel slices are perfect bases for this kicky cheese mixture. If you want to get extra fancy, pull the tines of a fork down the cucumber before slicing it, and the slices will have pretty rippled edges.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (0.7-ounce) envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf cocktail rye bread
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced (about 36 slices)
What to Do
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric beater until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over bread slices. Top each with a cucumber slice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.