We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These super quick canapes were Mama's choice for teatime or to serve at her ladies' luncheons. Cocktail rye or pumpernickel slices are perfect bases for this kicky cheese mixture. If you want to get extra fancy, pull the tines of a fork down the cucumber before slicing it, and the slices will have pretty rippled edges.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (0.7-ounce) envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf cocktail rye bread
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced (about 36 slices)
What to Do
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric beater until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over bread slices. Top each with a cucumber slice.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!