Easy Egg Rolls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can't believe we can make our own egg rolls at home? It's a cinch - without a deep-fryer! And for seafood lovers, these are filled with mini shrimp! But cooked shredded chicken or beef works great, too.
What You'll Need
- 1 (14-ounce) can bean sprouts, well drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can shrimp, drained and chopped
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 egg roll skins (see Note)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine bean sprouts, shrimp, scallions, celery, carrot, soy sauce, and ginger; mix well. Divide mixture equally in center of the egg roll skins.
- Brush edges of egg roll skins with beaten egg. Fold one corner over filling. Fold in 2 sides and roll up.
- Place on baking sheet and brush with vegetable oil.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
Egg roll skins can usually be found in the supermarket produce or freezer section. All you have to do is ask for them! Be careful when serving these right out of the oven 'cause the filling will still be very hot. Oh - don't forget the sweet-and-sour sauce and spicy mustard for dipping!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.