We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These are every bit as tasty as you'll find in an Italian restaurant, but our version is easy to make at home.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound calamari (squid), cleaned (see Note)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- Cut the calamari into 1/2-inch rings, leaving the tentacles intact. In a large resealable plastic storage bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add calamari in small batches and toss until completely coated with flour mixture.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Fry calamari in small batches 4 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
- Buy the calamari already cleaned to make it easier.
- Serve with a warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!