Half-Time Bacon Cheese Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You’ll score big with this, our ooey-gooey bacon studded baked cheese dip. A splash of beer adds just the right oomph to the four cheeses that make this so addictive. Everyone on game day will be clamoring for more as these delicious flavors score a tastebud touchdown!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound) oval loaf Italian or sourdough bread, unsliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled crispy cooked bacon
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the top off the bread about 1/3 of the way down and set top aside. Hollow out inside, leaving about 1-inch of bread around edges. Cut top of the bread, and the bread that you removed into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into bread loaf, then loosely wrap the bread load in aluminum foil. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot in center. Garnish with extra scallions as shown in photo.
Serve this up with the cut up bread, your favorite veggies and frozen pretzel bites that you can bake right alongside the bread loaf.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're tired of serving the same ol' side dishes every fall, then you've got to give our Butternut Squash Fritters a try. Fried until golden and crispy, there's no way anyone can resist having one...or two. And they're even better if you drizzle a little syrup over them!