Hummus Pesto Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's a Middle Eastern dip called hummus that's really popular in the United States today, and when hummus is combined with the garden-fresh taste of pesto, it's a combination that's sure to become your family's new favorite.
What You'll Need
- 2 (15- to 19-ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained, and 3/4 cup liquid reserved
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch parsley, cleaned, and stems removed
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place garbanzo beans and reserved liquid in a food processor with a cutting blade; process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth and well mixed, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
Makes 4 cups.
Serve cold or at room temperature with pita bread triangles or crackers.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.