Hummus Pesto Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's a Middle Eastern dip called hummus that's really popular in the United States today, and when hummus is combined with the garden-fresh taste of pesto, it's a combination that's sure to become your family's new favorite.
What You'll Need
- 2 (15- to 19-ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained, and 3/4 cup liquid reserved
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch parsley, cleaned, and stems removed
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place garbanzo beans and reserved liquid in a food processor with a cutting blade; process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth and well mixed, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
Makes 4 cups.
Serve cold or at room temperature with pita bread triangles or crackers.