Crunchy Zucchini Strips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 48 zucchini strips
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
We've all had fried eggplant, and now it's time zucchini had a turn. Don't take our word for it...whip up some of these Crunchy Zucchini Strips today!
What You'll Need
- 3 medium-sized zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- Cut each zucchini in half crosswise then cut each half lengthwise into french fry-like strips. Place zucchini in a medium bowl and sprinkle with salt; toss to evenly coat.
- Place flour and bread crumbs each in a separate shallow dish. In another shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk. Coat each zucchini strip in flour then dip in egg mixture and coat completely with bread crumbs; set aside on a platter.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Fry zucchini strips a few at a time for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden on all sides, turning frequently. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
If you cook your zucchini strips in a tabletop deep fryer, they come out really crisp and golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.