Un-Boo-lievable BBQ Weenies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No one can resist our Un-Boo-lievable BBQ Weenies, and thanks to Colleen Gallagher who came up with the clever name, you can add a little humor to this deliciously spooky appetizer!
What You'll Need
- 1 (28-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (18-ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, undrained and chopped (from 7 ounce can)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can
- 2 (16-ounce) packages cocktail-size smoked sausages
What to Do
- In a deep skillet over medium-high heat, whisk together barbecue sauce, preserves, chipotle peppers, water, and adobo sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil; add sausages, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve immediately or keep warm in a slow cooker set on low, until ready to serve.
- Looking for another easy and yummy snack to serve on Halloween? Why not mix up a batch of our Monster Mix?
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was under lock and key with our Test Kitchen supervisor for years. It was a family recipe and she finally did share it with us. So, here you go. Make sure you let us know how much you like Cold Fudge Cake in the recipe comments below.