New England Clam Spread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
New England Clam Spread is a quick dip that's bound to make your guests hear oceans and marshes nearby 'cause, from Connecticut to Maine (and beyond), clams mean "seashore"!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-1/2-ounce) can minced clams, undrained
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can white clam sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) strip saltine crackers, crumbled
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except onion and butter; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter over medium heat, until transparent. Stir sauteed onion into clam mixture. Place mixture in prepared baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until light golden.
Serve warm as a spread with crackers or cocktail bread.