Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Are you the kind of person that likes to put mushrooms on their pizza? Well, how about putting pizza in your mushrooms? That's exactly what we've done in our recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms! We've stuffed our mushrooms with all the same tastes you'd find in a slice of pepperoni pizza. This is one appetizer that's truly party-worthy!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Gently clean mushrooms by wiping them with damp paper towels. Remove stems from 12 mushrooms; set aside caps. Finely chop mushroom stems and remaining whole mushrooms.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; saute chopped mushrooms 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, pepperoni, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pizza sauce; mix well.
- Using a teaspoon, stuff mushroom caps with stuffing mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 48
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 2.3g 5 %
- Cholesterol 7.2mg 2 %
- Sodium 167mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 4.0g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 3 %
- Sugars 1.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!