Pesto Cheesecake Appetizer
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Attention, basil lovers: Here's one I'll bet you haven't tried yet. This unlikely combination of flavors is an exciting trip to the herb garden.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 prepared 9-inch butter-flavored pie crust
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Purée the olive oil, basil, salt, and garlic in a food processor or blender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and ricotta cheese; blend well with an electric mixer on high speed. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well with an electric mixer on high after each addition. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Mix in the basil mixture and pour into the crust. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.
This is a unique dish that's especially good when you use homegrown or farmers' market fresh basil.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.