Sausage and Pepper Skewers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 16 appetizer-sized servings
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
These no-grilling-required Sausage and Pepper Skewers bake up in a snap in our ovens as easy Italian-style appetizers. Pass around a platter of this colorful and flavorful party pleaser and get ready for raves.
What You'll Need
- 16 (6-inch) wooden or metal skewers (see Note)
- 1 pound Italian rope sausage, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 8 strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 8 strips
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a piece of sausage in the natural curve of a pepper strip. Push skewer gently through one end of the pepper then the sausage then the other end of the pepper, with the pepper surrounding the sausage on three sides. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining peppers and sausage.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink. Serve with warm spaghetti sauce for dipping.
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes before skewering the food; this should keep the skewers from burning during cooking.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you'll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With fresh ingredients, and nothing but organic spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone's Italian grandma!