Shortcut Clam Puffs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It used to be that when we made clam puffs we had to make the dough, then roll it. Boy, that was a lot of work! That's why I decided to top crackers with the same taste. It's much easier and just as tasty.
What You'll Need
- 2 cans (6½ ounces each) chopped clams, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 box (5¼ ounces) round Melba crackers
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the ingredients except the crackers; mix well.
- Place the crackers on a rimmed 10" x 15" baking sheet and top each with about a teaspoonful of the clam mixture. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes about 4 dozen puffs.
I've tried this with many different crackers and decided that Melba rounds are my favorite. Use others if you'd like...and let me know which type you like best!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!