Shrimp Cocktail Bar
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Next time shrimp is on sale at the market, take advantage of this easy yet elegant idea for a Shrimp Cocktail Bar. Imagine offering up plump chilled shrimp with an assortment of tasty dippers for a crowd-pleasing way to get the party rolling.
What You'll Need
- 8 cups (2 quarts) water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large or colossal raw shrimp, peeled with tails left on, and deveined
- 1/2 cup jalapeno mustard
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
What to Do
- In a soup pot, bring water, onion, celery, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Drain and chill at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine jalapeno mustard, honey mustard, horseradish sauce and remaining lemon juice; mix well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve shrimp with assorted dipping sauces.
You can mix and match your favorite dipping sauces, and to make your life easier, feel free to use some of the delicious prepared sauces available in your market.