Smoky Chili Con Queso
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish is always a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. Wanna know why? We love this Smoky Chili Con Queso because of the thick and creamy cheese and smoky flavor! You'll love it, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (16-ounce) jar fire-roasted salsa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Tortilla chips
What to Do
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir together sausage, cheeses, and next 3 ingredients in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW setting 2 hours or until cheese melts. Serve with tortilla chips.
Cheese dips aren't as forgiving as other dishes prepared in a slow cooker, when an extra hour or so of cooking wouldn't make a difference in the end results. Do not cook longer than 2 hours and be sure to serve within 2 hours to prevent separation caused by the dip getting too hot.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 856
- Calories from Fat 597
- Total Fat 66g 102 %
- Saturated Fat 34g 172 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 47g 93 %
- Cholesterol 208mg 69 %
- Sodium 3,086mg 129 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!