We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This special bread used to be a well-kept secret, known only to Italian families. But we broke the code and made it a front-runner at all of our Italian dinners.
What You'll Need:
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, cut into -inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Place the bread slices on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, spinach, and crushed red pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the garlic is golden. Add 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese, stirring to blend. Cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, or until the cheese melts; remove from the heat.
- Spread the spinach mixture evenly over the bread and top with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the bread is golden and the cheese has melted.
You can also start with a 10-ounce package of fresh spinach that has been washed and trimmed, but it will take longer to sauté and you may need to add a little more oil. Once it's cooked, proceed as above.
If you loved this simple spinach recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!