Spinach Cheese Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our supermarket freezer cases are full of pre-made hors d'oeuvres and, sure, some are good, but why not make your own and really wow your guests? Just tell them you had a little help from Mr. Food.
What You'll Need
- 2 (10 ounce each) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups herb stuffing mix, crushed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine spinach, crushed stuffing mix, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and eggs; set aside.
In a medium-sized skillet, melt butter over medium heat and saute onion until soft. Add sauteed onions to stuffing mixture and mix well. Shape mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet 12 to 15 minutes, until golden and firm to touch.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and honey, mix well. Serve as a mustard dipping sauce.