White Bean Hummus
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who doesn't love nice thick and creamy hummus? We can't think of anyone and this White Bean Hummus recipe is the ultimate! Rich and yummy and so, so, SO good!
What You'll Need
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini (see note)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- Process garlic and rosemary in a food processor 3 or 4 times or until minced.
- Add beans and next 4 ingredients; process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Pour olive oil gradually through food chute with processor running; process until mixture is smooth. Cover and chill 1 hour. Serve with pita bread, crackers, sliced cucumber, and/or olives.
Hummus gets its distinctive flavoring from tahini, a thick paste that's made from crushed sesame seeds and is used in Middle Eastern cooking. You can find tahini in larger supermarkets and in Middle Eastern food stores.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!