Applesauce Fruitcake Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing says Christmas quite like fruitcake, but we put our own spin on a classic that we know everyone is going to love. We don't think anyone is going to re-gift these Applesauce Fruitcake Bars this year!
What You'll Need
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 (15-ounce) jar applesauce
- 1 (6-ounce) container red candied cherries, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) container green candied cherries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Spread evenly into a well-greased and floured 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over top, cut into bars and store tightly covered at room temperature.
Looking for more great sweet desserts? Check out our collection of Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 152
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 2.5g 5 %
- Cholesterol 18mg 6 %
- Sodium 161mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Did you know that the first President of the United States, George Washington, began his morning routine with a breakfast that included the most incredible corn cakes? We decided to recreate his morning favorite, so you can make them for your family. George Washington's Corn Cakes feature the perfect combo of savory and sweet.