Chocolate Rainbow Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These goodies will bring a ray of sunshine to anyone's face. With a dash of confetti-ed colors and a chocolate-y center, this easy cookie bar recipe for Chocolate Rainbow Bars is one of our favorite kid-friendly desserts. We especially love the different layers in these cookie bars 'cause we can get all of our favorite flavors into every bite. Just watch; you'll be looking for an excuse to make these sweet treats!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (1 twelve-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, cream cheese, and evaporated milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Add the nuts, sprinkles, and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract; blend well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, vanilla, and the remaining almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 9" x 13" baking pan. Spread the chocolate mixture over the crumb mixture. Top with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool, then cut into bars.
Makes 3 to 3-1/2 dozen bars.
The top layer should be a crumby texture. If the dough for the top layer gets soft, pinch off small pieces and place them on top of the chocolate that way.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.