We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing more refreshing for dessert than fresh-baked lemon bar cookies. This easy recipe for Citrus Bars is a winner that Mr. Food viewers keep requesting again and again.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 egg, and oil until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of cake mixture for topping; set aside. Press remaining cake mixture into an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Bake 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add granulated sugar, lemon juice, and remaining egg, beating until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over baked crust and sprinkle with reserved 1 cup cake mixture.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until lightly browned; let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice. Drizzle over cake then cover and refrigerate. Once chilled, cut into bars.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!