We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy recipe for Oatmeal Bars is melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Maple syrup, chocolate chips, and a bit of allspice give these oatmeal bars their distinctive, old-fashioned taste. These crumbly Oatmeal Bars make are great for snackin' on anytime of the day!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 tablespoon maple or maple-flavored syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and syrup over low heat on stovetop or in microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine butter mixture, baking soda, and allspice; mix well and let cool.
- Add rolled oats, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips or raisins, if desired; mix well. Press dough into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then immediately cut into bars; let cool completely then cut through again.
- When we're craving peanut butter, we reach for one of our Peanut Butter Laced Oatmeal Bars. You can also try our diabetic-friendly recipe for The King's Oatmeal, which features oatmeal, peanut butter, and bananas!
- We think oatmeal makes a tasty ingredient in desserts, which is why we've put together a collection of 10 Easy Oatmeal Dessert Recipes.
- Like this recipe? Then you'll love the Mr. Food Light, Simple and Tasty Recipes free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Calories 220
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 3.5g 7 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 198mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!