Hermit Cookie Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our take on the New England-traditional recipe for hermit bars is better than you can even imagine. Spices like cinnamon, ginger and cloves make this tasty sweet treat one that everyone will enjoy. You've got to make them yourself to find out!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking pan.
- In the same bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Spread the mixture evenly over the prepared crust and bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool, then chill completely before cutting into bars. Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature.