We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're already a fan of snickerdoodles, then you're going to love our Snickerdoodle Bars. This cookie turned dessert bar is just the right amount of soft and chewy for everyone to enjoy. We love the traditional cinnamon-sugar topping, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter 45 to 60 seconds. Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, and salt; mix until thoroughly combined. Spoon batter into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool, then slice into bars.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!