Black Jack Burgers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Thanks to Sherry Martin, we've got a new name for these mouthwatering burgers. Say hello to the Test Kitchen's Black Jack Burgers! Now, fire up that grill and enjoy.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (from a 2.4-ounce box) dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices pepper Jack cheese
What to Do
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese; mix well. Divide mixture into 8 equal patties.
- Grill patties 8 to 12 minutes for medium, or until desired doneness beyond that, turning them halfway through grilling. Place a slice of cheese on each burger and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Serve on your favorite hamburger buns with your favorite condiments.
- For tips on how to make the perfect burger, click here.