Braised Shaak Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.
Click HERE to enter our Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Vacation Giveaway!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3- pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 8 ounces peeled fresh or frozen pearl onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups shredded coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 8 ounces cooked cavetelli pasta, or your favorite tube pasta
What to Do
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper and sear 4 to 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Add onions, garlic, and broth to meat; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is pull-apart-tender. Remove to a platter; cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk water and flour. Slowly stir into pan juices and simmer gravy 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil until hot. Add kale and heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and heat an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
- With a fork, chunk roast into pieces and serve over pasta and kale. Top with gravy and serve with coleslaw.
Test Kitchen Tip
- If you’d like to sprinkle some toasted bread crumbs over the gravy, make your own by melting 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons bread crumbs and heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Click HERE to enter our Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Vacation Giveaway!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't find any red sauce here! Spaghetti Carbonara is a traditional Italian dish that's made with spaghetti pasta, bacon, and cheese. It's a creamy pasta dish that's kind of addicting. Once you try our easy recipe for spaghetti carbonara, we have a feeling you'll be having it a lot more often.