Broiled Steak with Spicy Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In the Midwest, a hearty, satisfying meal is the rule at dinnertime. And, boy, does Broiled Steak with Spicy Potatoes sure satisfy!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large baking potatoes, washed (not pared) and cut into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 pound frozen boneless beef tp sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Additional salt, optional
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to make a spicy seasoning mix; set aside.
- Arrange potatoes on one half of a broiler pan(s); place frozen steak on the other half. In a small bowl, combine oil and 2 teaspoons spicy seasoning mix; brush potatoes with half the mixture.
- Broil 1 side of the steak and potatoes, with surface of steak about 5 inches from heat, for about 14 minutes; turn steak and potatoes. Brush potatoes with remaining seasoned oil and continue broiling steak and potatoes for 13 to 18 minutes more, or until the steak is rare (140 degrees F.) to medium (160 degrees F.).
- Remove steak to a serving platter, keeping it warm, and continue broiling potatoes for 8 to 10 minutes more, or until tender. Season steak and potatoes with additional salt, if desired.
These potatoes can be made without the steak if you just want to make Spicy Potatoes. And you can make the spicy seasoning mix in advance and store it in an airtight container; shake before using.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)