Greek Beef and Mushroom Orzo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Serve your family this Greek mushroom steak with delicate orzo pasta and feta cheese, and you'll be hailed as a god or goddess of the kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut across the grain into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound orzo pasta
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add steak, and brown 5 to 6 minutes; drain off any excess liquid. Add mushrooms, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or just until they begin to brown. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, water, oregano, basil, and orzo.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 8 to 9 minutes, or until orzo is tender.
- Stir in cheese and serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, you can have both with our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinner time, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!