Chili Onion Burgers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food shows everyone how to make a backyard burger worthy of the Hamburger Capital of the World, Akron, Ohio. This recipe for juicy chili onion burgers will set your taste buds and your buns afire!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (from a 2.4-ounce) box) dry onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Divide mixture into 8 equal amounts and make 8 patties.
- Grill patties 8 to 12 minutes, or until desired doneness, flipping them halfway through grilling.
If you want to plan ahead, you can mix up this full recipe, make half of the patties for tonight's dinner, and freeze the rest of the patties (uncooked) for no longer than 30 days (to keep their full flavor). Just thaw them overnight in the fridge and cook them according to the directions above.
If you wanna be the burger champ at your house, you've gotta check out our Burger Cooking Tips!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.