Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 4 ounces meat, 1 cup vegetables
- COOK TIME
- 3 Hr 10 Min
Nothing says St. Patrick's Day like this Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe. You don't have to be Irish to enjoy a taste of fork-tender corned beef with a hearty helping of potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. Now that's what we call dinnertime goodness!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) corned beef brisket with pickling spices
- 8 cups water
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 green cabbage, cut into 2-inch wedges
What To Do:
- In a large Dutch oven over high heat, bring corned beef with pickling spices and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 2-1/2 hours, or until almost fork-tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and cabbage to corned beef and continue cooking, covered, 25 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables and corned beef are fork-tender.
- Place corned beef on a cutting board and slice across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
- In keeping with our St. Paddy's Day theme, how about putting out a plate of Irish Soda Bread with your corned beef?!
- Looking for a couple of other ways to make corned beef and cabbage? Make it in your pressure cooker with our recipe for Fastest Corned Beef & Cabbage, or in your slow cooker with our recipe for Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!