Cowboy Beef in a Bun
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Got leftover burgers? Our easy Cowboy Beef in a Bun makes great use of yesterdays extra grilled burgers. Enjoy 'em around your backyard campfire cowboy-style or in the kitchen. Either way, they're sink-your-teeth-into-'em good.
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 leftover cooked hamburgers, crumbled
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add hamburger meat, barbecue sauce, and water; heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle cheese over mixture and continue heating until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately in hamburger buns.
If you don't have leftover hamburgers, use 1 pound of ground beef. Just make sure you cook the raw beef thoroughly, until no pink remains.