Cowboy Beef in a Bun
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Got leftover burgers? Our easy Cowboy Beef in a Bun makes great use of yesterdays extra grilled burgers. Enjoy 'em around your backyard campfire cowboy-style or in the kitchen. Either way, they're sink-your-teeth-into-'em good.
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 leftover cooked hamburgers, crumbled
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add hamburger meat, barbecue sauce, and water; heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle cheese over mixture and continue heating until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately in hamburger buns.
If you don't have leftover hamburgers, use 1 pound of ground beef. Just make sure you cook the raw beef thoroughly, until no pink remains.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.