Cowboy Beef in a Bun
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Got leftover burgers? Our easy Cowboy Beef in a Bun makes great use of yesterdays extra grilled burgers. Enjoy 'em around your backyard campfire cowboy-style or in the kitchen. Either way, they're sink-your-teeth-into-'em good.
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 leftover cooked hamburgers, crumbled
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add hamburger meat, barbecue sauce, and water; heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle cheese over mixture and continue heating until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately in hamburger buns.
If you don't have leftover hamburgers, use 1 pound of ground beef. Just make sure you cook the raw beef thoroughly, until no pink remains.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.