We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A Cumberland Pie is sort of like a shepherd's pie or a cottage pie, which means it's made with mashed potatoes, gravy, and lots of tasty veggies. The difference is, you can use whichever meat you prefer (we used ground beef in ours!) and it's topped with a sprinkle of our homemade, cheesy bread crumb mixture. This dinner pie is hearty and delicious!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (18-ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (24-ounce) container refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 slice bread, toasted and finely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish or deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; saute carrots and onion 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beef and cook until beef is crumbled and no longer pink; drain. Stir in gravy, thyme, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Gently spoon potato mixture evenly on top of beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, and butter; mix well. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over potatoes.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden.
Are you a fan of all-in-one dinners like this one? If so, you'll want to check out our recipe for Easy Dinner Pie, which features ground chicken!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 667
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 48g 73 %
- Saturated Fat 19g 97 %
- Trans Fat 2.8g 0 %
- Protein 34g 67 %
- Cholesterol 138mg 46 %
- Sodium 860mg 36 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 11 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've been to a church picnic or, really, just about any kind of family get-together in the South, then you're probably familiar with pimiento cheese spread. It's a staple there! We thought we'd give these deviled eggs a Southern twist by stuffing them with a pimiento cheese mixture, and boy, did they turn out good! These Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs will be a hit with your family this Easter.