We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm...what could add more flavor to a juicy beef roast than fresh garlic that cooks from the inside! This easy main dish is sure to add a wow-factor to your next dinner party.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3 to 3½ pound) beef eye of round roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Using a long, thin knife, carefully make a horizontal slit through the center of roast. Twist knife gently to make a 1/2-inch hole. (The hole doesn't have to stay open on its own because it's going to be stuffed with garlic.)
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil . Sauté garlic cloves 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (including remaining oil) except the roast; mix well and set aside.
When garlic is cool enough to handle, push cloves into hole in center of roast until they fill hole. Rub oil mixture over entire roast and place in an 8-inch square baking dish.
Roast 60 to 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center indicates 160 degrees F for medium, or until desired doneness.
This roast will be perfectly complimented with a side of our Rosemary Roasted Potatoes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Dad's Meat Loaf
- Dad's Beer Marinated Steak
- Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf
- Redneck Chicken-Fried Steak
- Old Fashioned Beef Pot Roast
- Five Napkin Burgers
- Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage
- 25 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes
- Weeknight Salisbury Steak
- Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef