Down Home Meatloaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's back-to-school season and that means we're all little stressed. When you need a little extra comfort in your life, a classic and hearty dish like our Down Home Meatloaf is just the trick. Share this great dinner dish with all of your loved ones to make it even more extra-special. Nothing says "Welcome home, kids!" like this family-favorite recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs (see Note)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, eggs, onion, sage, salt, and pepper; mix well. Place in loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and spread over top of meat mixture.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until no pink remains. Allow to stand 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- This is a soft meatloaf, so if you like yours a bit firmer, use 1 cup bread crumbs instead of 3/4 cup.
- Looking for more easy meatloaf recipes? Then you'll love our collection, How to Make Meatloaf: 17 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes.
- Plus, check out our Favorite Ground Beef Casserole!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're like most, choosing between chocolate chip cookies and brownies is a tough dessert-time decision. Not anymore! This dessert combines the best of both worlds when it comes to desserts. Our Speckled Brookie Bars are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey brownies and warm and melty chocolate chip cookies. Plus, with our certified shortcuts, this amazing dessert recipe is the easiest (just watch our video right below and see for yourself). When you just can't choose between these yummy dessert options, treat yourself and have both! There's no way this pan of bars will last more than a day in your family's home.