Garlic Studded Tenderloin
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a Garlic Studded Tenderloin recipe that's hearty without being too filling. It's a roast tenderloin that's carved really thin. You can serve it with a basket of crusty rolls and fresh focaccia for the beginning of a buffet or let it shine as the main attraction!
What You'll Need
- 1 (5 to 6 pounds) whole beef tenderloin , trimmed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup port wine, or other dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
What to Do
- Make small slits in tenderloin and insert garlic slivers; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well. Add tenderloin, cover and allow meat to marinate in refrigerator at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove meat from marinade and place in roasting pan; discard marinade.
- Roast meat 40 to 45 minutes for medium, or to desired doneness. Allow to sit 20 to 30 minutes before slicing thinly.
Great Go-Along: Make a super spread by combining 2 cups mayonnaise with 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2 tablespoons fresh chopped tarragon, and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley. Chill it then serve alongside the tenderloin with crusty rolls and fresh focaccia for elegant make-your-own sandwiches.