Hot Dogs with Chili Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hot dog suppers are often big fundraisers in the South. Once you try this version of Hot Dogs with Chili Sauce, you'll see why they're so popular! This hot dog chili recipe is one of our favorite summer recipes, especially when paired with your favorite kind of deli salad. Whether you take out this hot dog chili recipe for a potluck or just a family dinner at home, we know that everyone gathered 'round is going to love it.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 hot dogs
- 12 hot dog rolls, split
What to Do
- In a large pot, combine ground beef and water over high heat, stirring until beef is crumbly. Add onion, ketchup, chili powder, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook 35 to 40 minutes, or until liquid has cooked down, stirring occasionally.
- Cook hot dogs in a pot of boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through (see Notes). Place cooked hot dogs in rolls and top with chili sauce. Serve immediately.
- Feel free to cook the hot dogs any way you like!
- This hot dog chili recipe would go great with a side of our Creamy Cucumber Salad, wouldn't you agree?
- If you're looking for more hot dog favorites, check out our Dogs 'n' Hogs or Hot Dog Puffs.
- Did You Know? Detroit is famous for serving their hot dogs this way, with chili, raw onions, and a little cheese. To learn more about how other cities around the U.S. prefer to eat their hot dogs, click here!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 362
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 8.3g 41 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 17g 34 %
- Cholesterol 51mg 17 %
- Sodium 890mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 7 %
- Sugars 5.2g 0 %