Italian Cubed Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you need a way to turn inexpensive cubed steak into a company-worthy entree, Italian Cubed Steak is the answer!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (6-ounce) beef cubed steaks
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, and pepper; add steaks and turn to coat lightly.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook steaks 10 to 14 minutes, or until no pink remains, turning halfway through cooking. Remove steaks to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add stewed tomatoes, mushrooms, broth, and garlic powder to skillet. Heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture begins to boil.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Slowly add to tomato mixture and stir until thickened and smooth.
- Return steaks to pan and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
These cubed steaks also make great sandwiches. Just place each steak on a split hoagie roll and top with the sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're a fan of chicken and waffles then we've got a stress-free way to make dinner that uses your favorite frozen breaded chicken tenders from the freezer aisle! This recipe is also versatile because you can make it in the oven, or in an air fryer! Everyone will love our Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich as a hearty twist on a classic favorite!