Korean BBQ Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
Have you ever heard of "bulgogi"? It's also known as Korean BBQ Beef and it's amazing! That's because the beef marinates in a flavor-packed mixture before it's cooked in a pan along with a few veggies. Give this a try when you're craving a change-of-pace beef dinner!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 small red apple, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced sirloin beef, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
What to Do
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish combine soy sauce, rice wine, apple, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and pepper; mix well. Add beef, drizzle with sesame oil, and toss until beef is evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil, yellow onion, and carrots, and saute 5 to 7 minutes or until onion begins to brown.
- Add beef to skillet and cook 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add marinade and cook 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stir in scallions and sesame seeds and serve.
We like to serve this Korean BBQ Beef over white rice. It makes for a delicious meal!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.