We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lasagna and casseroles: two classic dishes that never go out of style. You're sure to please the entire family when you whip up this meat lasagna dish.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies with garlic, oregano, and basil
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Cover and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, cook beef and salt in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, stir together tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and chilies.
- Stir together cream cheese, ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and parsley; spoon beef mixture and cheese mixture over pasta, spreading to reach edges of dish. Pour tomato mixture over cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- One pound of Italian pork sausage makes a fine substitute for ground chuck when you're ready for a change of taste.
- Freezer instructions: You can freeze this recipe before or after baking. If before, let thaw 24 hours in advance and bake at regular temperature and time. If after, let thaw and reheat. Click here for more tips on freezing this recipe.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 19 Easy Lasagna Recipes.
- Don't forget about dessert! Try a slice of our Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake: An Easy Cherry Cheesecake Recipe.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 770
- Calories from Fat 442
- Total Fat 49g 76 %
- Saturated Fat 27g 135 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 43g 87 %
- Cholesterol 181mg 60 %
- Sodium 1,275mg 53 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 6.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!