Meat Loaf Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Put away the birthday candles and the ice cream, 'cause this "cake" is a meaty main course, "iced" with mashed potatoes!
What You'll Need
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, 1 cup ketchup, the eggs, salt, and pepper; mix well. Place in the prepared pan. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup ketchup over the top of the meat.
- Bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until the juices run clear; drain off any liquid. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then place on a serving platter.
- "Frost" the meat with the mashed potatoes and garnish the bottom edge with the cherry tomato halves.
Feel free to decorate this "cake" any way you like. Sometimes I drizzle beef gravy over the mashed potato frosting to look like chocolate glaze. (Hee hee!)
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!