We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless top sirloin, cut into thin slices
- 4 scallions, cut diagonally into 1-inch slices
- 4 cups cooked rice, warmed
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, whisk cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, and hoison sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil until hot. Add beef and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Add broth mixture to skillet and heat until thickened. Add beef back to skillet along with scallions, and heat 2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve over rice.
- Don't let the hoisin sauce in this simple stir-fry scare you. You can find it at your local supermarket in the Asian food section. It's a sweet and spicy sauce that adds big flavor to the dish and will keep in the fridge for the next time you need it.
- Who doesn't enjoy a bowl of Wonton Soup at the start of an Asian meal?! Give our easy version a try!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 535
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 4.1g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 44g 87 %
- Cholesterol 102mg 34 %
- Sodium 881mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.