We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless top sirloin, cut into thin slices
- 4 scallions, cut diagonally into 1-inch slices
- 4 cups cooked rice, warmed
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, whisk cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, and hoison sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil until hot. Add beef and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Add broth mixture to skillet and heat until thickened. Add beef back to skillet along with scallions, and heat 2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve over rice.
- Don't let the hoisin sauce in this simple stir-fry scare you. You can find it at your local supermarket in the Asian food section. It's a sweet and spicy sauce that adds big flavor to the dish and will keep in the fridge for the next time you need it.
- Who doesn't enjoy a bowl of Wonton Soup at the start of an Asian meal?! Give our easy version a try!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 535
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 4.1g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 44g 87 %
- Cholesterol 102mg 34 %
- Sodium 881mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 47g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!